Secure Remote Camera Control Solution
Control devices located in insecure environments from a secure network
Security devices, such as CCTV cameras, have become an increasing part of today’s society. However security vulnerabilities can occur when these devices are located in insecure environments but you want to manage them from a secure environment.
Why are remote camera controls vulnerable?
Cameras are often used by civil authorities to protect public spaces, by police for law enforcement and by the military for force protection.
By necessity many of these cameras are located in insecure environments but feed the vital imagery back to secure control rooms.
In the control rooms, operations staff and intelligence officers monitor the images for signs of wrong-doing. This often involves the desire to pan, tilt or zoom (PTZ) the camera to take a close look at a suspected security event.
A simple networking configuration is often used, which introduces vulnerabilities into the control system network: Can an adversary supply false imagery, use the network to mount a denial of service attack, launch malware or even access the intelligence information?
Our Secure Remote Camera Control Solution
Using pairs of data diodes and content validating software, we are able to create a solution that ensures that only video images flow into the secure network and only PTZ data can flow out.
Benefits of our Secure Remote Camera Control Solution
- View CCTV video from unsecured environments and networks in a secure operation room;
- Reduce cost by monitoring domains from a central location;
- Control the pan, tilt and zoom of the cameras whilst managing risk of data loss from the operational network;
- Power and space saving from the ability to aggregate information from different intelligence sources without the need for air gapped systems;
- Delivered as appliances to enable a simple and fast setup, with support for multiple camera types;
To find out more, please download our Secure Remote Camera Control Solution datasheet below:
REQUEST A CALLBACK
If you would like to talk to us directly, you can request a call back.
TALK TO ONE OF OUR EXPERTS
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange