VACANCY – Technical Consultant / Solutions Architect
Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Technical Consultant / Solutions Architect
Location: Location Independent
Reporting to: Head of Services
Issued: January 2022
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe and as part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
This success in the defence and security market has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions that not only address the customers’ needs, but helps drive the organisations capabilities forward securely, whilst respecting the commercial and social requirements of today`s world.
We hold several accreditations ISO9001 (Quality Management System), ISO27001 (Information Security) IIP Gold Standard and Cyber Essentials Plus. We are the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001.
So, as an SME, we are well respected in our industry, with agile capabilities that enable organisations and business`s to work securely, be that working direct, as lead Technology Architects or in partnerships that empower our customers to achieve their goals.
Main Purpose of Job
To undertake project activities to deliver solutions to customers. To assist in the delivery of security technology consulting services to customers, including requirements capture, solution architectures, technology integration, interoperability testing and programme technical lead.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Undertake customer project activities to deliver solutions, including planning, technology implementation, configuration, documentation, training and building support rigs.
- Understand Nexor’s technical product portfolio and maintain a good working knowledge in order to assist with the design and development of technical solutions to business problems.
- Undertake technical pre-sales engagements with appropriate customer.
- Assist with design and document solutions architectures using the SIXA® architecture, where applicable, to maximise the benefit to Nexor.
- Undertake delivery of internal projects (Resource Requests) as required.
- Develop product training material, and other product artefacts needed for solution delivery.
- Build Nexor appliances and standard product.
- Undertake Project / customer support activities.
- Support the business in marketing and pre-sales activities.
- Provide into Nexor’s processes as part of continual improvement.
- Provide support to the Solutions Architect and pre-sales team.
- Understanding of RedHat and Linux.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate professional qualifications.
- May be required to work unsociable hours in order to meet the demands of the role. This may be at short notice in exceptional circumstance.
- Prepared to travel as required.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Nexor are pleased to announce that our Guardian solution has been enhanced with a number of key features in a new release 3.1 of the guard application which is now available: Increased Reliability: Deploy as an active -passive High-Availability ("HA") application...
One year on from our introductory blog on Zero Trust Architecture, what has changed and what friction points have started to appear for organisations after implementation? Crucially, where does Zero Trust fit within the to-do list, or the essential security risk...
What does Cyber Essentials cover? Cyber Essentials is a UK Government backed scheme that helps protect your business against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Cyber-attacks can come in many forms and may be carried out against businesses of any size of...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange