Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Location Independent
Reporting to: Head of Technology
Issued: November 2020
Nexor is a well established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe. When our customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters.
Our success in the defence and security niche has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Nexor is the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Our agility enabled us to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names we work with followed suite. We are also an Investor in People, achieving the IiP Gold Standard which states:
“Investors in People Gold represents achievement of world class best practice. It shows a truly cutting-edge organisation is operating at the very highest levels of people management practices using Investors in People to drive the business forward.”
So, although we are small, we are well respected in our industry; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
Main Purpose of Job
To deliver security technology consulting services to customers, including requirements capture, solution architectures, technology integration, interoperability testing and programme technical lead.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Understand Nexor’s technical product portfolio and maintain a good working knowledge in order to manage the design and development of technical solutions to business problems.
- Undertake technical pre-sales engagements with appropriate customers.
- Elicit customer requirements, define their business requirements, and deliver high quality input into bids and proposals.
- Work with accreditors to understand their concerns and develop suitable architectures to address these.
- Design and document solutions architectures using the SIXA® architecture, where applicable, to maximise the benefit to Nexor.
- Be the business requirement stakeholder, clarifying these when required by engineering/product management.
- Evangelise Nexor’s services, products, technologies, and expertise externally, and develop networking relationships with customers and industry contacts.
- Contribute market intelligence to shape product features required to the maintain market worthiness of products including:
- Customer/business requirements and feedback on existing products.
- New technical developments/approaches within our markets.
- Identifying relevant standards and evaluations.
- Provide a point of expertise on Nexor technologies and standards.
- Contribute to the production of Sales and Marketing collateral including technical white papers describing the product capabilities, deployments and discussing the implications of emerging technologies.
- Experience of TOGAF/MODAF/NAF architecture modelling.
- Formal architecture modelling experience.
- System architecture experience.
- Experience in Defence and Security, or military.
- Understanding of commercial markets.
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems.
- MOD / NATO standards knowledge.
- Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
- TOGAF® Certified.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to email@example.com
RECENT BLOG POSTS
What is High Assurance? As computer security systems have evolved over the years, hackers have become more sophisticated. Their methods have changed, targeting any vulnerabilities to try and find a way into a system. No business is immune from cyber attacks,...
Back to the basics with Cyber Essentials Four years is a long time in cyber security; a lot can change in that time. But surprisingly, a lot also stays the same. Back in 2016, the National Cyber Security Centre released a white paper on Common Cyber Attacks: Reducing...
The King is Dead, Long Live the King! For the last few years, the cyber security commentary has been if you focus on the basics, and do the basics well, you will prevent 90% plus of cyber security attacks. To many this has been interpreted as doing the “Cyber...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange