VACANCY – Software Engineer
Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Software Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Issued: March 2021
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe and as part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
This success in the defence and security market has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions that not only address the customers’ needs, but helps drive the organisations capabilities forward securely, whilst respecting the commercial and social requirements of today`s world.
Looking forward, Nexor are working to secure future enabling technology through expansion into the Autonomous Vehicles, Fintech, Blockchain, Cloud and Crypto Currency environments.
We hold several accreditations ISO9001 (Quality Management System), ISO27001 (Information Security) IIP Gold Standard and Cyber Essentials Plus. We are the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001.
So, as an SME, we are well respected in our industry, with agile capabilities that enable organisations and busineses to work securely, be that working direct, as lead Technology Architects or in partnerships that empower our customers to achieve their goals.
Main Purpose of Job
To undertake and complete product, research and/or bespoke development projects of varied scope and complexity, to schedule and within agreed resource constraints.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and code software.
- Develop documentation and training material conforming to relevant Company standards and procedures.
- Undertake functional testing and validation of developed code, documentation and training materials.
- Investigate customer product use scenarios, reproducing issues and resolving these.
- Contribute to project planning, identifying and advising on technical tasks to be undertaken and the resources required for the project.
- Understand customer requirements and translate into technical requirements.
- Produce designs and specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Support other parts of Nexor (sales, marketing etc) by providing technical information or assisting in obtaining research and/or development contracts.
- Identify and participate in research activities to assist in advancing department ways of working.
- Provide third line post-sales support.
- Software Engineering Degree or similar.
- Ability to write code in C++and Linux.
- Excellent OOAD skills.
- Secure programming techniques.
- Good understanding of Internet standards and protocols.
- 3+years relevant experience.
- C++11 standard (and onwards).
- Boost libraries, preferably asio.
- Scripting Languages for example Python or Bash.
- SE Linux.
- UML Modelling.
- Unit Testing.
- Continuous Integration.
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, Docker, AWS.
- Agile Techniques.
- Low level Network programming.
As the ideal candidate, good experience of the full software lifecycle is a must and you will have the ability to understand and solve complex problems and will be naturally flexible in approach. A team player with excellent communication skills, you will also be capable of working on your own when necessary.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to obtain UK SC security clearance.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECENT BLOG POSTS
What does Cyber Essentials cover? Cyber Essentials is a UK Government backed scheme that helps protect your business against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Cyber-attacks can come in many forms and may be carried out against businesses of any size of...
On Monday 19th April 2021, CIISec Nottingham, Derby and Leicester branch collaborated with BCS Nottingham and Derby to host a virtual event, “Sunburst - A New Dawn”. The event was well attended by nearly 100 security professionals from both organisations. Chairs...
What is Cyber Essentials? Cyber Essentials is a Government backed scheme which provides simple but effective controls to protect your organisation, whatever its size, against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Why should my business be interested in Cyber...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange