Senior Test Automation Engineer
Nexor is a well established business that has been successful in the defence and security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty five different nations around the globe. When our customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters which can involve billions of pounds, or even putting lives at risk.
Our first military project was to provide a messaging system for the US Pentagon. Since then our cyber-security and secure information exchange technology has been widely installed throughout the NATO allied community in both headquarters and tactical front-line deployments (forward operating bases, military vehicles and warships). Books have been written about some of the military campaigns that our solutions have supported.
Our success in the defence and security niche has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Nexor is the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software engineering extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Our agility enabled us to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names we work with followed suite. We are also an Investor in People, and have achieved the IiP Gold Standard which states:
“Investors in People Gold represents achievement of world class best practice. It shows a truly cutting-edge organisation is operating at the very highest levels of people management practices using Investors in People to drive the business forward.”
So, although we are small, we are well respected in our industry; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
We are looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to join and enhance our software engineering capability. As the ideal candidate you will be able to design and develop test scripts and cases in order to provide comprehensive product and maintenance release test coverage.
Your skillset will ideally include:
- 5+ years proven experience in Test Automation
- Knowledge of Test Automation tools and practices
- Experienced in developing, maintaining and executing automated test scripts
- Comfortable in leading and driving improvements in this area
- Experience in differing types of automated and manual testing (e.g. functional, FAT, SAT, performance, fuzz and component testing)
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work to Agile methodologies
Your key activities in this role will include the ability to:
- Responsible for leading the identification and implementation of improvements in automated testing approaches and procedures
- Write and carry out tests on Nexor and Nexor-supported third party products and solutions to ensure they meet pre-specified quality standards and specifications
- Manage and develop regression test suites
- Coordinate and report on the activities of project testing
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to obtain UK SC security clearance.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing why you would be interested in working for Nexor by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.