SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE – GOVERNMENT & CNI
Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Senior Sales Executive – Government/ CNI
Location: Location Independent
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Issued: January 2022
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the High Assurance cyber security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe, in Government, Defence and Critical National Infrastructure. When our customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters.
Our success in the security and defence niche has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Nexor is the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Our agility enabled us to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names we work with followed suit. We are also an Investor in People, achieving the IiP Gold Standard which states:
“Investors in People Gold represents achievement of world class best practice. It shows a truly cutting-edge organisation is operating at the very highest levels of people management practices using Investors in People to drive the business forward.”
So, although we are small, we are well respected in our industry; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
Main Purpose of Job
Use incoming and self-generated leads to maximise revenue generation through the consultative selling of Nexor solutions and technology.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Capable of completing the role with minimal supervision you will:
- Sell Nexor cyber security services, solutions and technology to Government Agencies, Critical National Infrastructure and security customers in the UK and Europe, generating revenues and margins in line with targets.
- Build and manage a credible sales pipeline that enables sales objectives to be met.
- Update Nexor’s CRM tool with detailed activities and next steps to provide full visibility into key accounts, opportunities and forecasts.
- Leverage, promote and collaborate with Nexor sales channels and partners as appropriate.
- Be a Nexor brand ambassador in the marketplace, participating in industry events and forums.
- Engage Nexor resources effectively in the pursuit of business including marketing, pre-sales and, where necessary, for larger scale strategic opportunities product development.
- Provide support to bids, as required.
- Maintain a level of technical knowledge of Nexor’s offering.
- 5+ years of relevant and related industry sales and/or pre-sales experience.
- Demonstrated track record of driving sales account revenue and exceeding revenue targets through consultative selling, supported by a current and effective network that has allowed you to do business successfully.
- Thorough understanding of Public Sector procurement cycles and a successful track record in negotiating and closing sales.
- Proven ability to demonstrate solution value to key prospects at a senior stakeholder level combined with the knowledge and aptitude to present and explain the technical elements of product or services.
- The equivalent experience in a customer-side role, e.g. within a UK government High Assurance organisation.
- Ability to co-ordinate the end-to end activities from pre-sales through to post sales to ensure excellent levels of engagement and service throughout the process.
- Either holding a minimum of UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep and broad understanding of the UK government market, such as FCDO, the Home Office and similar organisations. A range of deep relationships within UK government. Must be able to open doors and communicate at a senior level, also with users, project managers, commercial leads and technical staff.
- Knowledge of the Critical National Infrastructure market, particularly those in the High Assurance space, such as the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of the cyber security sector and NCSC’s mission.
- Ability to sell a range of capability, including outcomes, services and solutions.
- Familiarity with using a CRM such as Pipedrive.
- “Customer side” experience of working within a UK Government organisation.
- Good understanding of Cyber Security and/or ICT technologies.
- Deep and broad understanding of the Critical National Infrastructure market, with a range of deep relationships.
- May be required to work unsociable hours in order to resolve customer difficulties or to achieve project timescales. This may be at short notice in exceptional circumstance.
- May be required to work weekends or bank holidays.
- Will be required to travel extensively within the UK and occasionally overseas.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Nexor are pleased to announce that our Guardian solution has been enhanced with a number of key features in a new release 3.1 of the guard application which is now available: Increased Reliability: Deploy as an active -passive High-Availability ("HA") application...
One year on from our introductory blog on Zero Trust Architecture, what has changed and what friction points have started to appear for organisations after implementation? Crucially, where does Zero Trust fit within the to-do list, or the essential security risk...
What does Cyber Essentials cover? Cyber Essentials is a UK Government backed scheme that helps protect your business against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Cyber-attacks can come in many forms and may be carried out against businesses of any size of...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange