Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Product Owner
Location: Independent (With travel to Nottingham)
Reporting to: Head of Portfolio & Marketing
Issued: October 2022
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe. When our customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters.
Our success in the defence and security sector has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions, but also on being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Nexor is the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Our agility enabled us to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names we work with followed suite. We are also an Investor in People, achieving the IiP Gold Standard which states:
“Investors in People Gold represents achievement of world class best practice. It shows a truly cutting-edge organisation is operating at the very highest levels of people management practices using Investors in People to drive the business forward.”
So, although we are small, we are well respected in our industry; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
Main Purpose of Job
The Product Owner is also accountable for effective Product Backlog management, which includes:
- Developing and explicitly communicating the Product Goal;
- Creating and clearly communicating Product Backlog items;
- Ordering Product Backlog items; and,
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood.
- Experience as a product owner and ideally experience with secure information exchange and/or cloud technologies
- Ideally has worked within the Defence, Government, Security and Law Enforcement markets or the ability to develop that knowledge quickly
- knowledge of the type or solution and services within portfolio or the ability to develop that knowledge quickly
- good interpersonal skills to develop productive relationships both internally and externally
- good presentation and communication skills for business/technology and senior leader/engineer audiences
- has or is able to be SC security cleared
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as a Scrum Product Owner for Agile team(s) working on the product(s)
- Developing and explicitly communicating the Product Goal for the teams using their Portfolio knowledge
- Creating, clearly communicating, and managing Product Backlog items
- Ordering/prioritising Product Backlog items;
- Agreeing Sprint goal(s) with the team(s)
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible, and understood, to the team(s) and to Portfolio
- Support the team(s) with their product related queries during Scrum Sprints
- Attend Sprint reviews and report on progress made during the sprint
- Produce, agree and communicate quarterly product delivery plans and costs to Portfolio Manager
- Support the portfolio manager to create a coherent Portfolio view based on product level input
- Deliver the product lifecycle and plan against the goals of market and product planning, and complementing Nexor’s services portfolio, with services driving product updates and vice versa.
- Establish competitive product KPIs and report
- Champion the product alongside the portfolio manager
- Contribute to clear, engaging product collateral content to update the market on latest developments, use cases, etc.
- From time to time, author collateral pieces helping to advocate one or more products.
- Maintain product area for each product on the Portfolio Hub on SharePoint
- Present the product with benefits, use cases to customers , and gather and apply their feedback.
- Help gather product feedback from customers, prospects, Market, and apply to prioritisation of the backlog to maximise return on Nexor investment.
- Explore, share and apply market learning (customers, authorities, competitors, partners, suppliers) as part of the marketing community at Nexor
Measures of Success
- Successful deliver of our agile development programme
- Successful engagement with customers and internal stakeholders
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to email@example.com.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Nexor are pleased to announce that our Guardian solution has been enhanced with a number of key features in a new release 3.1 of the guard application which is now available: Increased Reliability: Deploy as an active -passive High-Availability ("HA") application...
One year on from our introductory blog on Zero Trust Architecture, what has changed and what friction points have started to appear for organisations after implementation? Crucially, where does Zero Trust fit within the to-do list, or the essential security risk...
What does Cyber Essentials cover? Cyber Essentials is a UK Government backed scheme that helps protect your business against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Cyber-attacks can come in many forms and may be carried out against businesses of any size of...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange