Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Principal Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Technology
Issued: January 2022
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe. When our customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters.
Our success in the defence and security niche has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also on being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Nexor is the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Our agility enabled us to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names we work with followed suite. We are also an Investor in People, achieving the IiP Gold Standard which states:
“Investors in People Gold represents achievement of world class best practice. It shows a truly cutting-edge organisation is operating at the very highest levels of people management practices using Investors in People to drive the business forward.”
So, although we are small, we are well respected in our industry; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
Main Purpose of Job
The primary role of the Principal Consultant is to provide security technology consulting services to customers in defence, security, and commercial sectors and the Principal Consultant may be engaged in a broad range of activities from helping a customer define and develop a solution to an immediate need to considering the strategic long-term exploitation of an emerging technology.
Depending on the engagement the Principal Consultant may work alone or as part of a larger Nexor team. When working as part of a team the Principal Consultant will take a leading role, shaping the solution and providing a primary contact point with the customer. The principal consultant will ensure customer’s needs are clearly articulated to the team as a whole and will take responsibility for smooth delivery of the project.
Whilst primarily concerned with project delivery the Principal Consultant will have a secondary role supporting business development and sales providing technical guidance into sales activity both for sales led by Nexor and working with partners or system integrators as part of a consortium.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Be the programme technical task lead in new and existing work in order to deliver high quality customer solutions.
- Use business, industry, and technical knowledge to elicit customer business requirements, and define technical requirements.
- Design and document solutions architectures using the SIXA® architecture, where applicable.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Nexor’s intellectual property and product portfolio in order to manage the design and development of solutions to customer’s business problems
- Work with accreditors to understand their concerns and develop suitable architectures and strategies to address these within the scope of a project.
- Deliver high quality input into bids and proposals and interface with the implementation / project teams, articulating the customer requirement and proposed solution to ensure a smooth transition from sales to delivery.
- Evangelise Nexor’s services, products, technologies, and expertise externally, and develop networking relationships with customers and industry contacts.
- Contribute market intelligence to shape product features required to maintain market worthiness of products including:
- Customer/business requirements and feedback on existing products.
- New technical developments/approaches within our markets.
- Identifying relevant standards and evaluations.
- Work with Product Leads to feedback on issues with current products and propositions, and provide input around new products and services.
- Contribute to the sales process providing technical leadership on pre-sales activity, and bids.
- Contribute to the production of sales and marketing collateral including technical white papers describing the product capabilities, deployments and discussing the implications of emerging technologies.
- Maintaining an awareness of a broad range of technologies and techniques that may be applied to projects and consulting engagements.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members to ensure they are better able to deliver products, solutions, and services that delight our customers.
- Experience in programme technical leadership.
- Formal systems architecture and modelling experience.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the defence / military arena.
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems.
- Awareness of project and programme management techniques and tools.
- Awareness of NCSC Guidance and Advice and its application.
- Awareness of MOD / NATO standards, approaches, and context.
- Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
- Team leadership or management experience.
- Technical Lead of innovation and MoD research projects, for example SERAPIS / ITA.
- Understanding of commercial markets.
- TOGAF® Certified.
- Awareness of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and associated NIST publications.
- The role will be home based with regular travel to customer sites within the UK.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
One year on from our introductory blog on Zero Trust Architecture, what has changed and what friction points have started to appear for organisations after implementation? Crucially, where does Zero Trust fit within the to-do list, or the essential security risk...
What does Cyber Essentials cover? Cyber Essentials is a UK Government backed scheme that helps protect your business against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Cyber-attacks can come in many forms and may be carried out against businesses of any size of...
On Monday 19th April 2021, CIISec Nottingham, Derby and Leicester branch collaborated with BCS Nottingham and Derby to host a virtual event, “Sunburst - A New Dawn”. The event was well attended by nearly 100 security professionals from both organisations. Chairs...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange