PRINCIPAL SECURITY CONSULTANT
Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Principal Security Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Technology
Issued: October 2022
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe. When our customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters.
Our success in the defence and security sector has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions, but also on being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Nexor is the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Our agility enabled us to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names we work with followed suite. We are also an Investor in People, achieving the IiP Gold Standard which states:
“Investors in People Gold represents achievement of world class best practice. It shows a truly cutting-edge organisation is operating at the very highest levels of people management practices using Investors in People to drive the business forward.”
So, although we are small, we are well respected in our industry; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
Main Purpose of Job
The primary role of the Principal Security Consultant is to provide security technology consulting services to customers in defence, security, and commercial sectors and to be engaged in a broad range of activities from helping a customer define and develop a solution to an immediate need, to considering the strategic long-term exploitation of an emerging technology.
Depending on the engagement the Principal Security Consultant may work alone or as part of a larger Nexor (or third-party consortium) team.
Whilst primarily concerned with project delivery the Principal Security Consultant will have a secondary role supporting business development and sales, providing technical guidance into sales activity both for sales led by Nexor and working with partners or system integrators as part of a consortium.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct research, innovation, and development work in cybersecurity-related topics
- Deliver Nexor’s portfolio of Cyber Security Advisory Services
- Assist in the development of innovative cybersecurity-related solutions
- Use business, industry, and technical knowledge to elicit customer business requirements, and define technical requirements
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Nexor’s intellectual property and product portfolio in order to manage the design and development of solutions to customer’s business problems
- Design and document solutions architectures using the SIXA® architecture, where applicable.
- Evangelise Nexor’s services, products, technologies, and expertise externally, and develop networking relationships with customers and industry contacts.
- Contribute market intelligence to shape product features required to maintain market worthiness of products including:
- Customer/business requirements and feedback on existing products
- New technical developments/approaches within our markets
- Identifying relevant standards and evaluations
- Deliver high quality input into bids and proposals and interface with the implementation / project teams, articulating the customer requirement and proposed solution to ensure a smooth transition from sales to delivery
- Work with Product Leads to feedback on issues with current products and propositions, and to provide input around new products and services
- Contribute to the sales process providing technical leadership on pre-sales activity, and bids
- Contribute to the production of sales and marketing collateral including technical white papers describing the product capabilities, deployments and discussing the implications of emerging technologies
- Maintaining an awareness of a broad range of technologies and techniques that may be applied to projects and consulting engagements
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members to ensure they are better able to deliver products, solutions, and services that delight our customers
Required Skills to be successful in this role
The candidate should be able to demonstrate strong ability and experience in the following areas:
- Strong written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration with other team members
- Working in accordance with NCSC Guidance and Advice, and implementing guidelines stated by NCSC
- Working in accordance with MOD / NATO standards, approaches, and context
- Developing security and privacy requirements and identifying effective or ineffective related solutions
- Conducting user and business requirements analysis
- Proposing cybersecurity architectures based on stakeholder’s needs and budget
- Providing technological design leadership
- Coordinating the integration of security solutions
- Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
Additional Skills (Desirable)
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate good working knowledge across a range of the following areas:
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity risks and threats
- Knowledge of Technical and organisational controls that appropriately mitigate cybersecurity risks
- Knowledge of Security architecture reference models and security solutions
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity-related technologies and controls
- Knowledge of Secure development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Secure coding practices
- Knowledge of Security and Vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of Monitoring, implementing, testing and evaluating the effectiveness of the controls
- Knowledge of Research, development, and innovation (RDI) relevant to cybersecurity subject matters
- Knowledge of Project management and budgeting
- The role will be home based with regular travel to customer sites within the UK.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Nexor are pleased to announce that our Guardian solution has been enhanced with a number of key features in a new release 3.1 of the guard application which is now available: Increased Reliability: Deploy as an active -passive High-Availability ("HA") application...
One year on from our introductory blog on Zero Trust Architecture, what has changed and what friction points have started to appear for organisations after implementation? Crucially, where does Zero Trust fit within the to-do list, or the essential security risk...
What does Cyber Essentials cover? Cyber Essentials is a UK Government backed scheme that helps protect your business against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Cyber-attacks can come in many forms and may be carried out against businesses of any size of...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange