VACANCY – Portfolio Manager
Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Location: Location Independent
Reporting to: Head of Market and Propositions
Issued: March 2021
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe and as part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
This success in the defence and security market has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions that not only address customers’ needs, but helps drive their organisations capabilities forward securely, whilst respecting the commercial and social requirements of today`s world.
Looking forward, Nexor are working to secure future enabling technology through expansion into Autonomous Vehicles, Fintech, Blockchain, Cloud and Crypto Currency environments.
We hold several accreditations ISO9001 (Quality Management System), ISO27001 (Information Security) IIP Gold Standard and Cyber Essentials Plus. We are the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001.
We are a well respected SME in our industry, with agile capabilities that enable organisations and business’ to work securely, be that working direct, as lead Technology Architects or in partnerships that empower our customers to achieve their goals.
Main Purpose of Job
To define and deliver Nexor’s portfolio of products and services in line with business strategies and objectives. To liaise with Nexor’s current and prospective customers at multiple levels to gain “trusted advisor” status. To understand the market and provide direction and prioritisation for development activities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Capable of completing the role with minimal supervision you will:
- Identify and validate market requirements for current and future products through customer and non-customer visits, presenting and promoting Nexor’s portfolio.
- Lead market engagement to understand trends and requirements which will enable adaptation and new market development for Nexor’s portfolio of products and services.
- Engage with internal resource to ensure that portfolio development is prioritised to deliver against agreed business objectives.
- Plan, schedule, monitor and report on portfolio activities.
- Prepare and present commercially adept business case justifications for development of value propositions, identifying resource requirements, costs, dependencies, and risk.
- Define and maintain a roadmap of Nexor’s portfolio and as appropriate to market demand and investment requirements.
- Manage the lifecycles of products, services and solutions within the Nexor portfolio to ensure that customers needs are met profitably.
- Own and manage supplier and technical stakeholder relationships which complement Nexor’s product portfolio.
- 4+ years of relevant and related industry sales and/or pre-sales experience.
- Demonstrated track record of managing a portfolio and delivering products and services.
- Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with an enthusiasm for technology and the ability to translate technical information into commercial value.
- Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances.
- Good understanding of Cyber Security and/or ICT technologies.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Information Security is at a crossroads; we have more and more tools available to mitigate attacks but the number of security incidents such as data breaches is on the rise - why is this? Everyone thinks they know what they should be doing when it comes to information...
Going through Scrum Master training gave me one of the greatest leadership tools I’ve ever received, one that I use on a daily basis within my role as a Product Manager, but also as a leader in my organisation and in the wider community. It's a mindset that's called...
Are We Looking for Unicorns Are we looking for realistic combinations of skills and certifications in cyber security recruitment, or are we looking for mythical candidates who, like unicorns, simply don't exist? That was the question posed on Monday 8th February,...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange