Head of Services / Principal Consultant
Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Head of Services / Principal Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Technology
Issued: November 2021
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe. When our customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters.
Our success in the defence and security niche has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also on being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Nexor is the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Our agility enabled us to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names we work with followed suite. We are also an Investor in People, achieving the IiP Gold Standard which states:
“Investors in People Gold represents achievement of world class best practice. It shows a truly cutting-edge organisation is operating at the very highest levels of people management practices using Investors in People to drive the business forward.”
So, although we are small, we are well respected in our industry; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
Main Purpose of Job
To manage Pre-Sales and Consulting in order to meet customer requirements, ensuring Nexor’s commercial position is maintained and customers are satisfied.
To deliver security and Information Assurance consultancy to customers, Nexor opportunities/projects, and product/service development.
- Ability to lead a team and construct commercially viable technical and services propositions, and deliver projects to time and budget.
- Ability to input to and coordinate the production of technical input into bids / proposals to present a coherent solution proposition.
- Ability to support project managers in managing issues and risks in projects, instilling confidence in customers and other stakeholders.
- Good stakeholder management, with ability to analyse problems and present alternate solutions to stakeholders.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Head of Services
- Line manage Nexor’s team of Consultants.
- Manage the delivery of technical pre-sale support within the business.
- Ensure appropriate level of resource and skills are available to meet the business forecast, where needed using associates to extend Nexor’s capability.
- Manage the quality assurance of all Nexor technical output from the Team.
- Provide timely and reliable information and status updates to the Head of Technology, with an accurate indication of the level of risk involved where decisions are required.
- Contribute to continuous business improvement, ensuring processes are fit for purpose.
- Win and deliver customer consultancy that provides business driven security and information risk management advice, aligned with business strategy.
- Provide security and Information Assurance consultancy and advice as required to support Nexor business development, bids and proposals, project delivery and product development.
- Develop Nexor cyber security policies and procedures that provide adequate business application protection without interfering with core business requirements.
- Represent Nexor at appropriate industry forums and events.
- Provide input to marketing collateral.
- May be required to work unsociable hours in order to resolve customer difficulties or to achieve project timescales. This may be at short notice in exceptional circumstance.
- May be required to work weekends or bank holidays.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
What does Cyber Essentials cover? Cyber Essentials is a UK Government backed scheme that helps protect your business against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Cyber-attacks can come in many forms and may be carried out against businesses of any size of...
On Monday 19th April 2021, CIISec Nottingham, Derby and Leicester branch collaborated with BCS Nottingham and Derby to host a virtual event, “Sunburst - A New Dawn”. The event was well attended by nearly 100 security professionals from both organisations. Chairs...
What is Cyber Essentials? Cyber Essentials is a Government backed scheme which provides simple but effective controls to protect your organisation, whatever its size, against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Why should my business be interested in Cyber...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange