GRADUATE OPPORTUNITY – Graduate Software Engineer
Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Graduate Software Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Issued: March 2021
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe and as part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
This success in the defence and security market has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions that not only address the customers’ needs, but helps drive the organisations capabilities forward securely, whilst respecting the commercial and social requirements of today`s world.
Looking forward, Nexor are working to secure future enabling technology through expansion into the Autonomous Vehicles, Fintech, Blockchain, Cloud and Crypto Currency environments.
We hold several accreditations ISO9001 (Quality Management System), ISO27001 (Information Security) IIP Gold Standard and Cyber Essentials Plus. We are the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001.
So, as an SME, we are well respected in our industry, with agile capabilities that enable organisations and businesses to work securely, be that working direct, as lead Technology Architects or in partnerships that empower our customers to achieve their goals.
Main Purpose of Job
To contribute to the development of customer projects of varied scope and complexity. To undertake research in line with business requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and code software.
- Write test automation scripts.
- Contribution to the development of documentation and training materials, conforming to relevant company standards and procedures.
- Undertake functional testing and validation of developed code.
- Investigate customer product use scenarios, reproducing issues and resolving these through configuration or working with the Nexor software development team.
- Assist in providing third-line support to fix customer issues.
- Support the provision of services to customers.
- Undertake research activities.
- Support other parts of Nexor (sales, marketing etc) by providing technical information.
- Identify areas in both product and process for potential improvement.
- Software Engineering Degree or similar
- Strong programming skills and the ability to write code in C++; PHP and Linux
- Good understanding of Cyber Security and/or ICT technologies.
Working in a dynamic environment, in addition to enhancing your software engineering skills, you will be given the opportunity to experience different disciplines within the business. These will include:
- Validating and deploying software and appliance products.
- Investigating customer product use scenarios, reproducing issues and resolving these through configuration or working with the Nexor Software Engineering Team.
- Building appliances and rack-based solutions.
- Supporting the provision of our extensive range of services to our customer base, primarily government and defence departments worldwide.
Ideal applicants will have the ability and motivation to acquire an in-depth knowledge of information assurance and software solutions in order to understand and solve complex problems. You must be naturally flexible and be comfortable in a customer facing environment.
Successful candidates will be expected to be able to obtain UK SC security clearance.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Information Security is at a crossroads; we have more and more tools available to mitigate attacks but the number of security incidents such as data breaches is on the rise - why is this? Everyone thinks they know what they should be doing when it comes to information...
Going through Scrum Master training gave me one of the greatest leadership tools I’ve ever received, one that I use on a daily basis within my role as a Product Manager, but also as a leader in my organisation and in the wider community. It's a mindset that's called...
Are We Looking for Unicorns Are we looking for realistic combinations of skills and certifications in cyber security recruitment, or are we looking for mythical candidates who, like unicorns, simply don't exist? That was the question posed on Monday 8th February,...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange