Business Systems Manager
Your opportunity to join a leader in cyber security
Job Title: Business Systems Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Issued: February 2022
Nexor is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market since 1992. Our secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe. When our customers talk about “mission critical” they mean national security matters.
Our success in the defence and security niche has been built on our ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also on being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Nexor is the British Standards Institute’s reference enterprise for TickITplus, the software development extension to ISO9001 (Quality Management). Our agility enabled us to gain certification to ISO27001 (Information Security) several years before some of the household names we work with followed suite. We are also an Investor in People, achieving the IiP Gold Standard which states:
“Investors in People Gold represents achievement of world class best practice. It shows a truly cutting-edge organisation is operating at the very highest levels of people management practices using Investors in People to drive the business forward.”
So, although we are small, we are well respected in our industry; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, we fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
Main Purpose of Job
- To maintain the internal and Cloud infrastructure of the business to ensure that the operational and security requirements of the business are continually met.
- To deliver the internal roadmap for the business and in time make further plans to develop the business’s IT capabilities and strategy.
- To be part of the internal security forum, advising on IT and Cyber Security issues that may affect the business and adding any necessary safeguards in place as required.
- To ensure that the business maintains its standards to enable them to retain their current quality management and security audits.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To co-ordinate the business systems function, both internally and 3rd party, to manage the day to day needs of the business and make progress in delivering the roadmap.
- Support and administer Nexor’s secure facility, ensuring that government and security requirements are met.
- Manage the continuous improvement and security of Nexor’s IT infrastructure, being aware of business needs and ensuring that the requirements of the business are met.
- Take a lead role in dealing with external accreditations and managing the renewal processes.
- Be a proactive member of the security forum in identifying areas for growth and development within Nexor systems.
- Ability to demonstrate technical competence and work effectively with others as well as on their own initiative.
- Ability to apply knowledge/skills to a wide range of standard and non-standard activities.
- Able to prioritise and organise the workload of a department to delivery to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership on a task/ project, be proactive and co-ordinate the actions required and provide timely feedback to the relevant stakeholders.
- Able to communicate effectively with all members of staff throughout the business.
- An awareness of both internal and external business issues and best practice.
- Maintain knowledge of administering Secure Networks.
- Management of Windows and Linux servers, and Windows end user devices; Cloud-based applications, including Office365; mobile devices; network and security infrastructure; VMware and SAN.
- Experience of Cyber Essentials and ISO27001 would be beneficial.
- May be required to work unsociable hours in to resolve issues and ensure the business can continue to operate effectively. This may be at short notice in exceptional circumstance.
Nexor encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. Nexor will provide an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to email@example.com
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Nexor are pleased to announce that our Guardian solution has been enhanced with a number of key features in a new release 3.1 of the guard application which is now available: Increased Reliability: Deploy as an active -passive High-Availability ("HA") application...
One year on from our introductory blog on Zero Trust Architecture, what has changed and what friction points have started to appear for organisations after implementation? Crucially, where does Zero Trust fit within the to-do list, or the essential security risk...
What does Cyber Essentials cover? Cyber Essentials is a UK Government backed scheme that helps protect your business against a range of the most common cyber-attacks. Cyber-attacks can come in many forms and may be carried out against businesses of any size of...
Be the first to know about developments in secure information exchange